The JPL Visiting Student Research Program, or JVSRP, offers research opportunities to students who have a compatible research interest with NASA/JPL and have secured funding from third-party sponsors who are not associated with NASA or JPL funding sources.
As part of their fellowship, students are partnered with JPL scientists or engineers, who serve as the students' mentors. Students complete designated projects outlined by their mentors, gaining educational experience in their fields of study while also contributing to NASA and JPL missions and science. Students will also have the opportunity to participate in a number of enrichment activities, including tours, lectures and career advisement, arranged by the JPL Education Office.
- Must have been awarded an internship or fellowship through a third party, such as their government, university, a foundation, or similar organizations.
- The award must include a visiting research experience and funding for the student during the internship or fellowship experience.
- Must provide proof of financial support in the amount of at least $2,400 per month during the JPL visit.
- Must be covered by an international health insurance plan and accident coverage. (Students who are selected for the program will be required to submit proof of insurance.)
- Must be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) fields.
- Minimum cumulative 3.00 GPA. The cumulative GPA must originate from the institution where the student has a current active status.
- Open to U.S. citizens, legal permanent residents (LPRs) and foreign nationals.
- Student selection is based on meeting qualifications evaluated by the JPL Education Office, research compatibility evaluated by the JPL researcher and organizational compatibility evaluated by the line organization of the JPL researcher.
- Full-time and part-time opportunities available.
- Fellowship periods are flexible.
How to Apply:
All qualified applicants, including invited candidates, may apply throughout the year by sending an email to email@example.com with the following documents:
- Letter of recommendation
- Current resume
- Unofficial transcript
- Proof of funding
Note: Students who are selected for the program will be required to submit proof of insurance.
For more information about JPL internships and fellowships, visit our FAQ page.