Maximizing Student Potential in STEM, or MSP, offers part-time and full-time internship opportunities at JPL to underrepresented students pursuing undergraduate or graduate degrees in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics disciplines.
As part of their internships, students are partnered with JPL scientists or engineers, who serve as the students' mentors. Students complete designated projects outlined by their mentors, gaining educational experience in their fields of study while also contributing to NASA and JPL missions and science. Students will also have the opportunity to participate in a number of enrichment activities, including tours, lectures and career advisement, arranged by the JPL Education Office.
- Currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate students pursuing degrees in science, technology, engineering or mathematics disciplines.
- Minimum cumulative 3.00 GPA. The cumulative GPA must originate from the institution where the student has a current active status.
- Open to U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents (LPRs).
- First internship experience must be 10 weeks or more. Subsequent internship terms are flexible.
- Internships are offered year-round.
- Full-time and part-time opportunities available.
- Participants receive a monetary award, given in biweekly disbursements, for the period of the internship. Award amounts vary and are subject to change.
- Housing and travel allowances are provided only to program participants attending an institution outside the 50-mile radius of JPL.
How to Apply:
Click the "Apply Now" button below to fill out the online application.
You will need:
- Resume (PDF, DOC, DOCX or TXT) – Download resume template (PDF).
- Unofficial transcript.
For more information about JPL internships and fellowships, visit our FAQ page.
JPL Education Office - Student & Faculty Programs