Maximizing Student Potential in STEM, or MSP, offers part-time and full-time internship opportunities at JPL to underrepresented students pursuing undergraduate or graduate degrees in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics disciplines.
As part of their internships, students are partnered with JPL scientists or engineers, who serve as the students' mentors. Students complete designated projects outlined by their mentors, gaining educational experience in their fields of study while also contributing to NASA and JPL missions and science. Students will also have the opportunity to participate in a number of enrichment activities, including tours, lectures and career advisement, arranged by the JPL Education Office.
- Currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate students pursuing degrees in science, technology, engineering or mathematics disciplines
- Minimum 3.0 GPA -- 3.5 is preferred
- Open to U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents (LPRs)
- First internship experience must be 10 weeks or more. Subsequent internship terms are flexible
- Full-time and part-time opportunities available
- Participants receive a weekly stipend. Stipend amounts vary and are subject to change.
- Housing and travel allowances are provided to program participants residing outside the 50-mile radius of JPL
How to Apply:
Click the "Apply Now" button below to fill out the online application.
You will need:
- A digital version of your resume (uploaded as a PDF, DOC, DOCX, or TXT file)
- Unofficial transcript
For more information about JPL internships and fellowships, visit our FAQ page.