When:Thursday, February 22 - Friday, February 23, 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Where:Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanic Garden
Target Audience:Teachers for grades 6-12
The Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) were designed to provide a consistent and clear framework for math and science learning and give students the skills and knowledge they need to enter STEM-related careers.
Join JPL and the Los Angeles County Office of Education as we explore these STEM standards as they apply to secondary education and help you develop methods and activities for bringing them into the classroom. In this two-day workshop, participants will:
- Participate in STEM lessons that exhibit NGSS, CCSS Language and CCSS Math.
- Receive JPL modules and activities.
- Learn how to create a STEM lesson.
- Use real-world scenarios to guide lessons and engage students.
- Collaborate and discuss with other participants.
Registration Deadline: Feb. 16, 2018