The annual High Technology Small Business Development Procurement Conference, aimed at small businesses, minority-owned businesses and women-owned businesses, will be held March 4 and 5 at the Los Angeles International Airport Hyatt Hotel, located at 6225 W. Century Blvd.
The two-day conference will be sponsored by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Pasadena Resident Office with coordination from the Jet Propulsion Laboratory of Pasadena.
Approximately 200 representatives of government prime contractors, federal agencies and other large procurement organizations attending the conference are committed to ensuring that small, minority-owned and women-owned businesses receive real world information and contracting opportunities in the form of requests for quote, requests for proposal and invitations to bid.
In addition to marketing and networking opportunities, attendees will benefit from six "How To" workshops on the following topics:
* Doing Business with Municipalities, Universities, the State of California and Other Major Purchasing Organizations
* Technology Transfer Seminar
* U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Programs and Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) Programs
* Successful Proposal Preparation and Evaluation
* How to Reach the End Users Before Buyers Receive a Requisition
* Doing Business with the Federal Government.
For conference or registration information, call (818) 354-6093 or send a written request to JPL, Contractor Capabilities Office, Attn: Conference Coordinator, Mail Stop 190-205, 4800 Oak Grove Drive, Pasadena, Calif. 91109.
News Media Contact818-354-5011