Upcoming OPERA Workshops
Fourth OPERA Workshop
OPERA workshops will be held for OPERA stakeholders on a regular basis. These workshops will provide external partners with updates on the status of both the overall project and its specific products.
In general the OPERA workshops will cover the following topics:
- OPERA programmatic updates (all workshops)
- Interaction with users to identify any changes in the needs and associated applications
- Detailed updates on algorithm development and briefings on calibration and validation approaches
- Data access information through the NASA DAACs
- Interactive whitepaper demonstration, explanation of metadata, strengths and limitations, etc.
- Invited talks by OPERA stakeholders on their applications, cal/val findings
- Conference-style oral and poster science presentations
The OPERA workshops are hybrid (remote and in person) participation. For in person workshops, travel grants will be offered to select participants within the federal statute and regulations in order to improve participation from diverse communities. The workshop activities will be recorded and made available online to reach a larger audience.
Past OPERA Workshops
Third OPERA Workshop
June 27, 2023, at 9am-3pm Pacific (12-6pm Eastern), Hybrid workshop at California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA.
Introduced upcoming OPERA Products including the Sentinel-1-based Dynamic Surface Water eXtent (DSWx-S1) and Sentinel-1-based Surface Displacement (DISP-S1) and provided validation updates on Sentinel-1-based Radiometric Terrain Corrected (RTC-S1) SAR Backscatter and Sentinel-1-based Coregistrated Single Look Complex (CSLC-S1) products.
Second OPERA Workshop
September 2, 2022, at 9am-1pm Pacific (12-4pm Eastern), Hybrid workshop at California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA.
Introduced OPERA Sentinel-1-based Radiometric Terrain Corrected (RTC-S1) SAR Backscatter and Sentinel-1-based Coregistrated Single Look Complex (CSLC-S1) products and provided updates on Surface Water Extent and Disturbance products.
First OPERA Workshop
February 4, 2022, at 10am-12pm Pacific (1-3pm Eastern), virtual workshop.
Introduced the OPERA project and provided both an overview and updates for the Surface Water Extent & Surface Disturbance Product.