The JPL Summer Internship Program offers 10-week, full-time, summer internship opportunities at JPL to undergraduate and graduate students pursuing degrees in science, technology, engineering or mathematics.
As part of their internships, students are partnered with JPL scientists or engineers, who serve as the students' mentors. Students complete designated projects outlined by their mentors, gaining educational experience in their fields of study while also contributing to NASA and JPL missions and science. Students will also have the opportunity to participate in a number of enrichment activities, including tours, lectures and career advisement, arranged by the JPL Education Office.
- Currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate students pursuing degrees in science, technology, engineering or mathematics disciplines from accredited U.S. universities.
- Minimum cumulative 3.00 GPA. The cumulative GPA must originate from the institution where the student has a current active status.
- Open to U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents (LPRs).
- First internship experience must be 10 weeks or more. Subsequent internship terms are flexible.
- Students must be available full time (40 hours per week) for at least 10-weeks in the summer.
- Summer internships begin in May and June, on the first business day of each week.
- Participants receive a monetary award, given in monthly disbursements, for the period of the internship. Award amounts vary and are subject to change.
- Housing and travel allowances are not provided, however, program participants have the option of living in the Caltech dormitories for the summer guest housing rate. Rates are the discretion of the Caltech Department of Institute Housing and are subject to change.
How to Apply:
Click the "Apply Now" button below to fill out the online application.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 at 5 p.m. PDT
You will need:
- Resume (PDF, DOC, DOCX or TXT) – Download resume template (PDF).
- Unofficial transcript.
For more information about JPL internships and fellowships, visit our FAQ page.
JPL Education Office - Student & Faculty Programs