The JPL Summer Internship Program offers 10-week, full-time, summer internship opportunities at JPL to undergraduate and graduate students pursuing degrees in science, technology, engineering or mathematics.
As part of their internships, students are partnered with JPL scientists or engineers, who serve as the students' mentors. Students complete designated projects outlined by their mentors, gaining educational experience in their fields of study while also contributing to NASA and JPL missions and science. Students will also have the opportunity to participate in a number of enrichment activities, including tours, lectures and career advisement, arranged by the JPL Education Office.
- Undergraduate and graduate students pursuing degrees in science, technology, engineering or mathematics disciplines
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Open to U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents (LPRs).
- Students must be available full time (40 hours per week) for at least 10-weeks in the summer.
- Summer internships begin in May and June, on the first business day of each week.
- Participants receive a weekly stipend. Stipend amounts vary and are subject to change.
- Housing and travel allowances are not provided, however, program participants have the option of living in the Caltech dormitories for the summer guest housing rate. Rates are the discretion of the Caltech Department of Institute Housing and are subject to change.
How to Apply:
Click the "Apply Now" button below to fill out the online application.
Application Deadline: April 13, 2018
You will need:
- A digital version of your resume (uploaded as a PDF, DOC, DOCX, or TXT file)
- Unofficial transcript
For more information about JPL internships and fellowships, visit our FAQ page.
For general inquiries, contact:
JPL Education Office