The JPL Year-Round Internship Program offers part-time and full-time internship opportunities at JPL during the academic year as well as summers to undergraduate and graduate students pursuing degrees in science, technology, engineering or mathematics.
As part of their internships, students are partnered with JPL scientists or engineers, who serve as the students' mentors. Students complete designated projects outlined by their mentors, gaining educational experience in their fields of study while also contributing to NASA and JPL missions and science. Students will also have the opportunity to participate in a number of enrichment activities, including tours, lectures and career advisement, arranged by the JPL Education Office.
- Undergraduate and graduate students (as well as incoming college freshman) pursuing degrees in science, technology, engineering or mathematics disciplines.
- Open to students whose colleges and universities allow them to pursue off-campus, independent study during terms or semesters of the academic year as well as summers
- Minimum 3.0 GPA -- 3.5 is preferred
- Open to U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents (LPRs)
- First internship experience must be 10 weeks or more. (Subsequent internship terms are flexible)
- Participants receive a weekly stipend. Stipend amounts vary and are subject to change
- Housing and travel allowances are provided only to program participants residing outside the 50-mile radius of JPL
- Program participants have access to JPL parking facilities for no charge. Public transportation options are also available.
- Internship periods are flexible
- Full-time and part-time opportunities available
How to Apply:
Click the "Apply Now" button below to fill out the online application.
You will need:
- A digital version of your resume (uploaded as a PDF, DOC, DOCX, or TXT file)
- Unofficial transcript
For general inquiries, contact:
JPL Education Office