The JPL Faculty Research Program, or JFRP, provides opportunities for science, technology, mathematics and engineering (STEM) faculty to engage in research of mutual interest to the faculty member and a JPL researcher.
The primary goals of the program are to:
- Cultivate research collaborations between JPL and the academic community that will contribute to the lab's research objectives.
- Provide opportunities for faculty to experience the methods and content of the JPL and NASA research culture so they will be able to better guide their students in pursuing STEM careers.
- Program applicants must hold a full time appointment at an accredited university or college in the United States
- Applications from US citizens and Legal Permanent Residents are accepted.
- Faculty must be available full time (40 hours per week) for a 10-week session.
- The program period is flexible
- JFRP awards are contingent upon availability of germane opportunities for collaboration and a JPL host’s funding.
- Awardees receive a $15,500 stipend for the 10-week session.
- A $2,000 housing/travel supplement for awardees who live beyond a 50-mile radius of JPL will be offered.
- Awardees are required to submit a research plan prior to the start of their research collaboration as well as present their work to a JPL audience at the end of the session.
- Please note that stipend payments or salaries from other federal funding sources, including research grants and contracts, may not be accepted for the duration of a JPL faculty research appointment.
How to Apply:
Click the "Apply Now" button below to fill out the online application.
You will need:
- A digital version of your resume (uploaded as a PDF, DOC, DOCX, or TXT file)
- Names, titles and institutions of two professional references who can provide letters of recommendation